Friday, January 2, 2015

Abu Dhabi Bus Guide

Being in Abu Dhabi for over four years now still doesn't make me a good commuter.  I could still get on the wrong bus.  What's worst is, I even advice other passengers on what bus to take to where ever they are going.  Imagine the fate of those people.  If only I could control myself from giving out unsolicited advices on bus routes.

Anyway, below are bus numbers and buildings and establishments that I am PRETTY SURE will be part of their respective route. 

Buses that pass along Hamdan Street:
These buses were the first buses I have taken when I first came here in Abu Dhabi.  I had some adventures with these buses.  Here's to hoping that a few of us will no longer get lost.

Bus No. 5 - Along Hamdan Street, If you need to to Central Souk, Hamdan Center, Al Noor Hospital, Ahlia Hospital, Spinneys Corniche, Corniche and Marina Mall

Bus No. 8 - only a part of Hamdan Street, turns to Madinat Zayed where Taza is located, Lifeline Hospital then Electra Street.  It will go straight to Khalidiya area turns left of Shining Tower and Khalidiya Mall.

Bus No. 54 - along Hamdan Street, Central Souk then turns to Airport Road.  This bus will pass through Al Wahda Mall and go straight to Muroor behind Mushrif Mall.  If you need to go to Dusit Thani Hotel and Abu Dhabi bus station this is the bus number.

Bus No. 11 - it will pass along Passport road (if I am correct) this is the street where Al Wahda mall is located.  It will also go to Spinneys Corniche, Corniche and Marina Mall.

Bus No. 34 - Along Muroor road, Al Wahda Mall, Abu Dhabi bus station, Dusit Thani Hotel

Bus No. 44 - this bus will pass by a potion of Muroor road and after Police College will turn towards Airport road and will pass by Mushriff mall then Karama St., (if you need to go to CosmeSurge clinic this is the bus).  It will also pass by Electra Street.

Bus No. 56 - Muroor Road, Dusit Thani Hotel, Abu Dhabi Bus Station and Al Wahda Mall

That's it for now.  I hope this helps though.  If not you can't go wrong if you ask the driver if it passes through the establishment you are going or fellow passengers.  Just make sure its not me though.  *wink*


No comments:

Post a Comment